( Sustainability )
The American West is our home and muse. It’s where our favorite sounds, smells, colors, and people live.
Its rugged, striking, and varied landscapes shape our perceptions, sculpt our identities, and inspire our imaginations. It’s where we spent our childhoods playing in oceans, on rivers and mountaintops, plumbing the depths and breaking through the surface. It’s the earth on which we build our lives and livelihoods, where we learned what it means to welcome, to make connections, and build community. In the world’s collective imagination, the West is vastness, opportunity, untameable beauty, and mystery.
Our partnership with 1% for the Planet
With respect and reverence for this place we call home, we commit to reinvesting 1% of our revenues into the protection of these cherished natural environments. These funds, certified by 1% For the Planet, support regenerative activities in the places in which we operate. We are proud to be 1% for the Planet’s first hospitality management partner.
As part of our ongoing commitment to environmental responsibility and sustainability, our hotels implement a number of green initiatives on-property, including the following:
- Partnership with Proud Source Water
- Compostable drink straws
- Resort-wide compost & recycling education initiatives
- Significant reduction of single-use paper/plastic products
- Partnership with Clean the World
- Bulk soap and shampoo dispensers in guest rooms
- Water conservation practices
- Tesla charging stations for electric cars
- Local area shuttle services
- Trip reduction program for associates
- Recycling of obsolete electronic equipment (via ER2, over 2.5 tons to date)